Friday, May 03, 2013

Memories for a lifetime, with them...

Our memories,
those that will last us a lifetime...




Had a belated birthday surprise by my PW group yesterday..
Although belated by 2 months, it felt really great.
It's only when it's so far away from the actual day when you don't expect anything.
And that's when surprises work the best I guess.

When you've known your friends for more than 6 years, when it seemed like you've known them for a lifetime, birthday surprises don't seem to be necessary at all.
When you feel contented with just a simple text message, a simple meal together, that simple happiness.
When I really didn't have any expectations at all.

The original plan was to have a pre-enlisment meet-up since KL is enlisting real soon.
So 理所当然..

Hearing how they met up to plan for near a month, the amount of effort put into the gifts, the card, even to every single text they sent yesterday, just to make sure the event was successful, everything went smoothly, I was definitely more than grateful. Although my face may not say it all.

There were alot of emotions, alot of things went through my mind.
I was grateful for everything.

There were alot of hints along the way, things that made me go oooooo at the end of the event when we talked about it and tried to piece things together..
When MT asked about the ATMs at JP (&she was going to get my presents), when I met SH on the way to 7-11 (&she was carrying all the presents), when MT told me she had to go to the hospital (&she was at SH's house preparing), when SH told me she got into a car crash and was scolded by her mum for it (&she was at her house preparing), when KL told me he just woke up (&he was already at SH's house at 10am).

Things that all made sense when I slowly thought through it. Like what they said, "the things they do for me, for my birthday." :D

Other than thankyou, being grateful, I don't know what else should I say.

Really loved the presents:
The Jigsaw puzzle photo frame (something I've always wanted YAY!), the super nice blue box (which they took ages to decide and buy HAHA), the hand-made birthday card with sweet messages (hand-made cards are the best!), the 19 memories we've shared (every single memory so fresh in the mind as I looked through the cards, together with all the joy, laughter, sweat, tears we've shared, yes the shared memories), the big big fruit cake with the yellow candle (my favourite, chosen "on purpose") :P

Really thankful for having such a close PW group, thanks to every single one, it definitely takes everyone in the entire group to stay close. :D &I'm sure we will have more and more shared memories in the future (adding on the 19, more and more memorable times we will share).

Thanks for the love, my lovey PW group which is full of love (:

It was not the first surprise I've had,
Not the most surprising one,
Yet it was one that truly made me feel grateful, 
Grateful for being loved and remembered.



No comments: